Are you passionate for beauty and grooming business in India at home? Do you want to start your own business in this profitable beauty business? If yes, then opening a beauty parlor can be proved perfect opportunity for you.
Beauty parlor is that place where People are coming get different types of services like haircuts, styling, coloring, facial, manicure, pedicure, makeup, waxing, etc. In India This is a very popular and profitable business. If you know the right way to use your skills, passion, and market demand. as more and more people are Knowing about their appearance and willing to spend money on it.
Indian beauty parlor business and wellness market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.8% According to a report in 2017 to 2022 by KPMG and reaching Rs. 2.11 lakh crore.
The salon segment business alone taking 31% of this market, with an estimated value of Rs. 65,250 Crores.
Here are some guide to you start your beauty parlor business:
Decide your beauty parlor type
There are so many different types of beauty parlors that serving different different segments of customers. For example, some may you offer only hair cutting styling services, some may offer only skin services, some may offer both hair and skin services, some may offer spa and wellness services, etc.
You need to clear, what are your skill and which type of service you can serve your customer and which type of beauty parlor you want to open based on your skills, budget, location, and target market. You need to also become to specialize in bridal makeup, nail art, hair extensions, etc.
Choose your location
location is very important of your beauty parlor for your success. You need be to choose such a place that is easily available and visible. Ideally, you must should be look for a location that is near residential or commercial areas, shopping malls, colleges, offices, etc.
You also need to think about size of the space, rent, security deposit, and maintenance cost, etc.
Take necessary licenses and permits
You need to get different type of licenses and permits from the local authorities to start a beauty parlor business in India, these are steps:-
- Trade license from the municipal corporation
- GST registration
- PAN card
- Professional tax registration
- Shop and establishment act license
- Fire safety certificate
- Pollution control certificate
- Electricity and water connection
You should be consult with a legal expert or an accountant to understand all these requirements and procedures for getting these permits and licenses.
Arrange the required product and supplies
You need to invest in various type of equipment and supplies for your beauty parlor business. Some of these are:
- Styling chairs
- Shampoo stations
- Hair dryers
- Curling irons
- Facial beds
- Wax heaters
- Manicure and pedicure kits
- Makeup kits
- Disposable gloves
- Hair clips
- Hair bands
keeping stock of all these things like conditioners, hair colors, hair sprays, gels, creams, lotions, masks, toners, moisturizers, foundations, eyeshadows, lipsticks, nail polishes, etc. According to your customer
You can buy all kind of product from online or offline wholesalers or distributors. You can also do partnership with reputed brands or suppliers who can offer you discounts or commissions on beauty products.
Hire and train staff
hire qualified and experienced staff for your beauty parlor business. You need to hire :-
- Makeup artists
- Nail technicians
You can hire These candidates who have relevant certifications or diplomas from recognized institutes or organizations. Before hiring them you can check their portfolios or references
- You should also train your staff, how to use the equipment and products properly,
- how to handle customers professionally,
- how to maintain hygiene and safety standards,
- how to upsell and cross-sell services.
Promoting your beauty parlor business
You have to marketing of your beauty parlor business effectively to attract customers. You can use various methods such as:
- Creating a website or a social media page releated to your beauty parlor business.
- List your business on online directories platforms like Google My Business, Justdial, Sulekha, UrbanClap, etc.
- Distributing flyers or brochures in your locality or nearby areas.
- You can Offering discounts or coupons to Generate new or loyal customers.
- You can take testimonials from satisfied customers.
- Participating in local events
- Talk with influencers who can promote your services.
Manage your finances
Main point of your business is need to maintain your income and expenses for your beauty parlor business. You have to maintain proper records of your transactions like as invoices, receipts, bills, taxes, etc. You have to pay your staff salaries on time and manage your inventory levels.
If You are facing problem to maintain your income and expenses then you can use accounting software or apps like Khatabook or OkCredit. It will be simplify your book keeping process. These apps can help you record your transactions digitally,
send payment reminders to customers,
generate reports and insights on your business performance,
Growing your customer base
Retaining your existing customer is a very important task and this will help to attract new ones for your beauty parlor business. You can follow this by:
Providing quality services that meet customer expectations.
Introduce new services or products to your customer based on needs or preferences.
open new branches or franchises in different locations. This will help to expand your network
Overcome the challenges
In Starting and running a beauty parlor business is not without its challenges. You may face some of these common issues:
- Competitive market: beauty parlor industry is very highly competitive and saturated because many players have entered in this business and offering similar services and products. You need to make differentiate yourself from your competitors by selling unique and valuable product, like quality and convenience product etc.
- Employee motivation/incentives: Your employees are your most valuable asset, as they directly interact with your customers and influence their satisfaction and loyalty. You need to motivate them and give fair incentivize your employees.
- Getting new clients/retaining old clients: One of the most basic challenges that business owners face is getting clients. You need to attract new customers by creating awareness and interest in your services and products. You also need to retain your existing customers by providing them with consistent and excellent service, building trust and rapport, and encouraging repeat visits and referrals.
- Salon maintenance: salon must be clean, hygienic, comfortable, and inviting for your customers and employees. Your equipment must be clean and maintain your equipment and supplies daily basis.
- Product sales: product selling can be a great source of your extra income for your beauty parlor business. you need to choose the right products that suitable for your customers needs and preferences. Show them attractively, educate your customers on their benefits and usage, and offer discounts or samples to entice them to buy.
- Keep going with New trends in market : beauty industry is always evolutionary and changing their self with new trends, technologies, and customer expectations. You need to keep going with new latest and trending demand in the industry to stay relevant and competitive. You can do this by:
- Researching market trend : You need to look forward regular market research to understand what are current and future needs and preferences of your customers. You can use sources like online surveys, follow social media, blogs, magazines, etc.
- Updating your skills and knowledge: in this century you have updating your skill and knowledge. you can take courses or workshops on new techniques or technologies in the beauty industry.
- Experimenting with new ideas: always experiment with new ideas or concepts. You can ask with customer their feedback or suggestions. because of this it can be enhance your services or products.
How much cost to start a beauty parlor business in India?
starting cost of beauty parlor business in India depends on different factors, like size of the store, their location, and what types of services you offered.
On average, cost of starting a beauty parlor business in India excluding space rent will be between in the range of Rs. 10 Lacs to 15 Lacs, depending on the types of equipment and makeup supplies.
you can also start beauty parlor in a low budget between Rs. 40,000 to 50,000 in your house. If you establishing this business in any commercial shop, then rent or price of shop will be extra given
How much can I earn from running a beauty parlor in India?
running a beauty parlor in India income depends on many factors, like as location, services offering, number of customers, pricing, etc.
the average monthly income of beauty parlors in India is 6000 to 50,000 RS According to some sources. It’s depending on the season, the demand, and the competition. Many beauty parlors may earning more by offering special services like bridal makeup or spa treatments.